In the Zone – Episode 043 now available to stream for free on Spotify
OK everyone, I’ve got a bit of an update for you… I have now moved on from my faithful Traktor Kontrol S4 decks and have now got a set Pioneer XDJ-RX2. You can see a review of these decks on this video link
I am really enjoying all the great features on these decks and especially happy that I no longer need a laptop for djing. The other benefit is that these are based on the Pioneer DJ flagship CDJ’s and also use the RekordBox software – This means all I need to take with me to a gig is a couple of USB drives.
You can hear my first test mix on these decks on iTunes podcast
Episode 19 of – In the Zone will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) the 1st of March at 13:00 UK time.
Yet another hour packed full of my favourite trance tracks of the moment.
Just to let you all know that Episode 18 of ‘In the Zone’ will air on Wednesday 1st February 13:00 UK time on the internet’s most listened to trance station – Afterhours.FM
My guest mix on the Afterhours Takeover event had already entered into to top 50 on the Mixcloud charts. Make sure you check it out, who know – maybe we can we get into the top 10. You can listen to the mix on the mixcloud website or by downloading the mixcloud app on your mobile.
Deepsink Digital has also put all the mixes on to iTunes podcast so you can download them to your iphone or iPad. Click the image below to go to the iTunes podcast page.
Beatport has been evolving quietly in the background, but now the secret is out. They now have a full music streaming service. There is no cost, and you can stream as much music as you want on your mobile device or desktop computer.
Artists/DJ’s can also create playlists and upload mixes for you to stream.
Below is a brief overview from the official Beatport website.
“Beatport offers fans the ability to discover and enjoy the music they love, wherever they are through custom mobile apps, while providing DJs, artists, and labels a powerful platform to grow their audience and connect with fans.
Through a curated streaming music experience, fans can:
- Listen to millions of free tracks, albums, and mixes, organized by expert curators to reflect what’s new, what’s hot, and what’s next.
- “Heart” their favorite tracks to watch them rise up the Pulse Chart in real time.
- Stream playlists made by their favorite artists, or create their own.
- Watch live and recorded streams of DJs performing at festivals and venues worldwide virtually every day on the Beatport Live video streaming platform, broadcast in high-quality audio and HD video, along with aggregated social activity from Twitter and Instagram.
DJs and producers, as well as labels or event promoters, can:
- Upload and share tracks and mixes with the world’s largest electronic music community, designating tracks for either streaming or purchase or both, create playlists, and much more.
- Create and manage profiles to engage fans both new and returning, complete with top tracks, customized bios and images, upcoming performances, and other useful information.
- Share music across the Web through a custom embeddable player that compensates for every stream. “