I was just reading the blog on Soundcloud and found out that you can now add a ‘support’ button on your profile on Soundcloud.
Below is the info copied from the Soundcloud blog. Please let me know if you add this button and also if you get a good response from you followers. I have updated my profile with it..feel free to check it out and see what it looks like on a profile.
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been providing resources for artists to keep the music going, but with the financial repercussions of canceled shows and listeners asking how they can support the artists they love – we knew there was more we could do.
So we’ve created a simple button for your profile where fans can instantly and directly show their support. All you have to do is choose where you want to send followers, give them a little context on what they’re supporting, and then let the world know by sharing on your socials. Here’s how it works:
- Click the “Edit” button on the top right side of your profile page on web
- In the “Edit your Profile” pop-up, click “Add support link” to add a link to financial exchanges or online stores like Kickstarter, Bandcamp, Patreon, Paypal and more (full list of supported platforms can be accessed here – SoundCloud never takes a cut)
- Hit “Save changes” to generate a Support button on your profile that’s visible above your stats and on your track pages
- Use your bio to let fans know what they’re supporting – whether it’s your rent for the month or the album you dropped this week
- Promote on socials so your day-ones know there’s a way to help you beyond playing your tracks on repeat
We’ve built this feature to help creators impacted by the COVID-19 virus and will keep it active as long as we’re all in this so you can fund your projects, offset bills, or get whatever you need to stay on your feet.