Beatport has been evolving quietly in the background, but now the secret is out. They now have a full music streaming service. There is no cost, and you can stream as much music as you want on your mobile device or desktop computer.
Artists/DJ’s can also create playlists and upload mixes for you to stream.
Below is a brief overview from the official Beatport website.
“Beatport offers fans the ability to discover and enjoy the music they love, wherever they are through custom mobile apps, while providing DJs, artists, and labels a powerful platform to grow their audience and connect with fans.
Through a curated streaming music experience, fans can:
- Listen to millions of free tracks, albums, and mixes, organized by expert curators to reflect what’s new, what’s hot, and what’s next.
- “Heart” their favorite tracks to watch them rise up the Pulse Chart in real time.
- Stream playlists made by their favorite artists, or create their own.
- Watch live and recorded streams of DJs performing at festivals and venues worldwide virtually every day on the Beatport Live video streaming platform, broadcast in high-quality audio and HD video, along with aggregated social activity from Twitter and Instagram.
DJs and producers, as well as labels or event promoters, can:
- Upload and share tracks and mixes with the world’s largest electronic music community, designating tracks for either streaming or purchase or both, create playlists, and much more.
- Create and manage profiles to engage fans both new and returning, complete with top tracks, customized bios and images, upcoming performances, and other useful information.
- Share music across the Web through a custom embeddable player that compensates for every stream. “